Thursday, September 20, 2007

Hmm...Don't Read!... this is not for you to read

Hey peeps,

All the sudden, I feel sad. Sad not because something happened to me, but I feel sad looking at the current political condition of my country. Well,usually, I won't bother much about the politics of my country because i know somehow, the issues will be solved by someone. but ... oh well.... i guess its time i be more concern about my country's politics

I love my country ( i nv knew i would publicly declare this). Yes i do love my country. I love my country for its freedom, its culture, the people and most importantly .. for the food.

Hmm, when i was younger, i used to say..... "How to love my country, when my country don't love me". Well, being away from my country makes me rethink a few things about my country. I have to admit, i do enjoy all the conveniences of democratic rights whilst i'm overseas but somehow, all those rights doesn't seem to mean anything to me because it was the rights that other people fought for, for themselves. Hmmm......

I don't know how to further express myself. I was kinda disappointed after watching an interview. Well, before i left to further my studies overseas, I kinda made up my mind that no matter what, I would come back to my country work in my country because i figured that if I, as a citizen of my country, who will ? The brits and yankees won't bother if my country cease to exist tmr but I am bothered to know if my country makes through tmr. Although, its hard to deny the fact that working overseas, i will be able to earn more money and make big bucks ( hypothetically) but, i wish i could confidently say that i will be satisfied just with that.

Then I began to question the significance of my existence. Does it matter my country if i work at home or overseas? Rain or Shine, the gov will still go on. If i was to disagree on one issue, will i be bestowed democratic rights to address the issue with a significant outcome ?? will racial disparity still be prevalant and hinder my rights and role as a citizen ? How effective can I be ?
The answer is most likely to be, me = non-effective . BUT!... i can be effective to the person next to me... and he to another ... and ... simple maths says... 1+1=2, 2+1=3,3+1=4..........Well, it may take a long time, but it has to start somewhere..... well, studies claims that we are 100 years behind the yanks as far as civilisation is concerned. So i guess, in 100 years, we can learn alot of things...

Haih... Well, if what i just said makes no sense to you, then ... just think of Nasi Lemak, Char Kuay Teow, Rendang, Roti Canai, Teh Tarik, Hokkien Mee, Mee Yoke, Asam Laksa, Curry, Nasi Goreng Ayam, Mee Goreng Mamak, IndoMEE double, Neslo,Ayam goreng... mymy ... FOR GOODNESS SAKE!!!.. think of our MAMAK food..... are you willing to give up mamak food for potatoes and cheese? and... macaroni? and pasta? and pizza ? gosh!!!....

For the sake of our MAMAK food 'heritage', lets stick together. play your part. Know your role.. and DO IT.. let not one person's mistake jeopardize our heavenly Mamak culture... Change is about ME. Without our country.......there will be no more mamak.... so think hard be4 making any negative comments about our country.. Remember, what you say today, might cost us our dearly loved Mamak food tmr.
Lets all do this to ensure we have our MAMAK!..

I tot i just told you not to read ? haih...... :P

1 comment:

ernest said...

all the way, man!
feel the same way too