Friday, April 27, 2007

More About Food!

Yo Peeps!,

Haha, well I had a reasonable week this week, last week was way much better and, I was way much alive then. Assignments had just got tougher and tougher, and time got lesser and lesser but kech is getting bummer and bummer.

Anyway, its Friday today, and Fri = Cook My Own Dinner day because the catered food is up until Thursday only. So, today I decided to make Mee Goreng Mamak!.

With careful observation(my fren made mee goreng during food fair and I bought it to see what was inside) and also some brainstorming trying to remember what was in the Mee Goreng Mamak in Delta and I figured... I DON'T KNOW!. I don't usually order Mee Goreng in Delta. Its usually Nasi Lemak, or.. Roti 4 Segi, and Chicken. So..... for the crave of Mee Goreng, I decided to try and whack everything related to mamak in the frying pan hoping that it will turn out to be Mee Goreng Mamak!.

And so I did. I got all related ingredients ( or which i think it was related ) and chucked it all into the frying pan .. and...............

Wallaa!!


Kech's Mee Goreng Mamak!
It certainly does look like Mee Goreng Mamak, hahah I got the first 50% correct. Pleased with myself, I went on to taste it .. and....... to my amazement........
IT TASTED LIKE HOKKIEN MEE!... hahaha ...
I got a second and a third opinion from my malaysian friends and indeed they say it tasted like Klang Hokkien Mee.
Hahaha, the moral of the story is, You can never trust a chinese to make you Mamak food!... It will end up tasting like chinese food!. WAKAKAKAK!!!
Cheers Peeps!

No comments: